Tuesday, February 14, 2012

blank

I finally made it back to Masters Swim. It was nice that it was one-on-one (the gym was pretty empty, I suspect most people had plans tonight). I got a lot of instruction on what's wrong with my stroke. I already feel like I'm on a good path to an improved swim. I'm glad I went back, I'm not sure why I was dreading it so much.

I weighed in today for week 1. Down 4.4. Not quite the 5 I was planning on, but I'll take it and run. I'll take any downward movement. I really wasn't in the mood to see him at the gym tonight. But he knew I would be swimming and he walked through the pool area to leave. I was busy working with my coach so I couldn't talk, I mustered a hey and got one back. But it looked like his puppy had been run over. Ugh, oh well, better to figure it out sooner rather than later, I don't want to drag it out longer.

Life is short. I'm not getting younger. Each time I learn more what I'm looking for and what I'm not. I know more what I'm willing to accept and what things I won't settle for. It certainly makes the filter process quicker, but not easier. I really hate dating. I wish I could know who I was going to marry, so I could just go along with my life, have fun and when I'm ready to start the family, get moving. But life's not like that, so I keep plugging along.

The cleanse has been frustrating. I haven't lost as much as I was told I would as quickly. Not to mention the damn thing is ridiculously expensive. But I will go the full 21 days and give it my all. I'm going to Chicago this weekend and am going to move my meals to dinner. Now the meals aren't exactly on the plan, but I got approval to go ahead and tack some more time to the end. I'm okay with that. One of the meals was the best hamburger I remembered, jeez, I hope it's still great (or on the menu even!). The other meal is with my dad, dinner at Lawry's, it's tradition. I'll get a smaller cut of prime rib and have the corn. I'll enjoy it and not feel guilty and move on.

Well back to my super exciting Vday night of the Bachelor and water. Don't be jealous, I know you wish you had it this good!

No comments:

Post a Comment